The Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program is an Australian Government funded initiative which provides training for registrars towards fellowship and gaining specialist (general practitioner) registration. The program is delivered in Western Australian by Western Australian General Practice Education and Training Limited (WAGPET).
WAGPET provides high-quality, well supported vocational training for doctors pursuing specialist registration as a General Practitioner with either the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) and/or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM).
- Complete in 3–4 years depending on your fellowship choice
- Do you have a special interest? Tailor your training to suit
- Choose your placements across metropolitan, rural and remote WA
- Receive quality teaching and education from skilled, enthusiastic and experienced GP supervisors and Medical Educators
- Financial subsidies available for registrars who undertake some of their training rurally
The AGPT has a single intake each year with a national application process through the Department of Health. For further details on the AGPT national application process please visit www.agpt.com.au.
For more information about WAGPET and the programs they deliver visit wagpet.com.au.