Overseas Trained Doctor

In order to obtain specialist registration as a general practitioner in Australia and to be vocationally recognised under the Medicare system you are required to have a fellowship from either the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM). There are a number of training pathways available to Overseas Trained Doctors which are listed below.

Australian General Practice Training

Remote Vocational Training Scheme

Independent Pathway
Specialist pathway

Practice Eligibility Pathway

Latest News & Events